The website now has 2021 fixture dates for the Men’s Sunday , Stinger’s evening, LBW and Buckeroo matches.
We are now asking all players (inc Youth) to register as soon as possible. We are using a very simple online form to register players this season, one form for adults, one form for under 18s. Links to the online registration form have been provided to the players groups, please give Cort Taylor a shout if you need it emailing to you or have any queries. This season we will be using the Slate App to collect subscription fees as well as match fees across the whole club, this should considerably ease the burden on team captains and coaches to collect cash each week and remember who has or who hasn’t paid! Once you have completed the online registration form you will be added into the Slate App. Further details below
FAQ info below:
1. Can I not just pay cash? Whether you choose to use this functionality is entirely up to you if you prefer to pay cash you can still do so. But we’re hoping most of you will recognise the convenience of paying via the Slate app and not having to drive past the cash point on the way to the game. It also saves a load of hassle for already busy club volunteers!
2. Is it secure / does the club get my bank details? Slate partners with Gocardless which is a known electronic payment provider which is like Paypal. The systems are secure and encrypted to international standards. All payment is dealt with by Gocardless, the Club and Slate do not have access to any of your bank details.
3. Can the club take money without my permission? No, the system works by sending you a request to authorise the payment which you do via the free app on your phone, if the request isn’t authorised then no payment is made. If you have a child playing for an adult team, you just need to sign them up with a unique email address for each child, but you can use the same bank details for multiple people. They can then log into the app and pay their match fees, or you can do it if you prefer.
4. Is this going to cost me anything? No, there is a transaction fee, but the club will be absorbing this and not passing it on to members.
5. It all sounds very complicated and I’m not very good with technology? Having tested the system, it’s all quite simple however we appreciate not everyone is as comfortable with technology as others. If you are struggling to get set up just email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you.
To all BWCC members and players.
Very sadly the ECB has just bowed to the obvious and issued new guidance that all recreational cricket is suspended for the foreseeable future.
Here is a brief summary about how that effects BWCC, but I’m very aware that you will all be far more concerned with the health of family and friends, and worrying too about businesses and jobs.
There will be no AGM as these are exceptional circumstances and I can’t believe that others aren’t in the same boat. The existing Committee will continue and we will have an EGM at the first sensible opportunity.
Cricket – all I have spoken to are in broad agreement that the very earliest that we might see cricket being able to be played again is not until July. Given the further information given out last week concerning the extension of ‘social distancing’ to possibly 6 months (or longer), I’m afraid that we do have to accept the real possibility that we may see no cricket at Buckhorn this season.
The ground – In the hope that cricket might start up again in late summer we will keep the square mown lightly (and probably lightly rolled just to get in reasonably flat) and the outfield kept tidy.
On behalf of the Committee please take the greatest of care and our thoughts with you all.
And let us hope and pray that before the end of the summer the noises of bat on ball, the muffled expletives and laughter as yet another catch goes down, and the happy clink of glasses will be heard again on our lovely ground.
All best, Robin
The BWCC Annual Dinner and Awards evening will be held at the Buckhorn Weston Village Hall at 7pm Friday 8th November, smart casual dress code – club ties please! Tickets are £20 each (for a three course meal) available either via Robin or Cort. Awards will be awarded to both Men’s and Women’s Teams. Please return any awards to Robin ASAP please.
We are transferred this website to a new Host on 16th Aug 2019 and every seems to be working brilliantly. If you are reading this post, then you are looking at the new server.
Contact by email should also be much faster and more importantly, more reliable. As always, if you don’t get a reply within a day or two, please contact us by phone or personal email in the Fixture Card.
ps In case anyone is interested, we are now running on Stratagem.Host , a company based in Sutton Coldfield.
#CWC19CLUBS day and Six a Side tournament, BBQ and refreshments. Come and watch the action as four local teams battle it out for the Six a Side Trophy, play starts sharp at 12:30